Today marks that a whole year has gone by since I lost my wonderful grandfather. I still tear up every day. And honestly, there is a moment every day that I remember that he is gone and I feel like the wind has been knocked out of me.
Anyway, a few weeks ago, my niece decided to throw a tea party for some of her friends. There wasn't a lot of time to plan and set up the party, but I think it turned out pretty awesome. I hope you enjoy the pictures. There aren't very many since no one thought to bring their camera!
Here is the spread that my mom came up with. It was super adorable and so sweet. I love pretty parties.
*all sandwiches were cut into heart shapes :)
- Iced tea/lemonade mix
- Strawberries with chocolate dip
- Cucumber cream cheese sandwiches
- Jelly and Fluff sandwiches (there was a peanut allergy)
- Turkey and cheese sandwiches
- Veggies and dip
- Mini cupcakes
- Ice cream cone cupcakes
- Mini brownines
- Chips, goldfish, twizlers
The big girl. She was SO excited. It was the cutest thing ever. Here she is dancing in the sunlight.
We made little tea party hats before lunch. Here is my girl in hers.
Tea Party Hats
- White paper plates
- White paper bowls
- Silk flowers (these were all from the Dollar Store)
- Hot glue & gun
- Cut a whole in the middle of the plate.
- Glue the bowl over the hole.
- Punch holes on each side of the plate and attach ribbon (to tie under little chins).
- Decorate with flowers, feathers, and ribbons!
The girls and their pretty dresses!
And I will leave you with a little laugh. Here is a silly picture of me and my girl. My little best friend is licking her lips and trying to get every single bit of leftover cupcake frosting. Thank goodness they were mini ones!
Enjoy your Monday!