Monday, May 6, 2013

What Not to Say...

Here are a few things that I have learned not to say or do to my almost three year old....


Threeanger?
 
This word might as well be a curse word around here. NEVER EVER say little in my house unless you want to witness whining or tantrums.

Me: "Liza would you like a little milk/ice cream/juice/anything?" 

Liza: "Not a little! I want LOTS of it." or "Mooooom, I want a BIG one."

Eye roll. 

If you want to get out of the house at all, never tell this little girl that her clothes don't match or that she is wearing her pants backwards. 

T-Shirt, sweatshirt, garden gloves, too-small sunhat, pants, socks & glitter shoes.

"Noooooo they aren't! They go this way!"

"They DO match!!!!"

The best is the layered look. Sometimes it's 5 shirts, pants, shorts, and a skirt. She is so stylish!

The only acceptable criticism is to giggle and say something like, "You're so silly, your shoes are on the wrong feet! Show me how you fix them."

I love this though.

I don't want to forget about the continuing pajamas fight. She has to have a matching set and insists on wearing short sleeves already. This is my fault since I took out the spring clothes from the attic. I've tried hiding them since and telling her that they are in the dirty clothes, but this stinker doesn't miss a beat. 

We've had meltdowns in the middle of the night because she didn't like her jammies. 

Like strip down naked and throw things meltdowns.

It is hysterical. And maddening.

And never, ever, ever say that something is her little brother's. 

"That was mine when I was a little baby. Not my brother's."

Oh, right. Thanks for the reminder! Now I say "Here Will, sit in Liza's old bouncy seat" and things like that.

Pick your battles, right?! I'm enjoying this stage of her life even though I am so sad to see her baby-ness slowly disappear.



Happy Monday, friends!

XOXO Sarah









2 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, I have had a Threenager and let me tell you -- it doesn't stop!
    The first time I realized I had one was when Elijah slammed the door in my face and said, "Stop telling me what to do!"
    Now he also says, "No, YOU take a nap AND go to bed early!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a nap and go to bed early? Sounds like heaven to me!

    ReplyDelete