Friday, November 16, 2012

Gobble, Gobble

Happy Friday!

I'm really starting to feel this pregnancy and I had to give myself a little kick in the blogging bum to get some things up here for you!

I'm excited to be getting a little closer to meeting my sweet baby boy. I wonder what we will name him. Any ideas? Because we have no clue :)

Yesterday,  Liza and I backed out of a play date that I was really looking forward to going to (it was more of a mom play date anyway!) because I was so tired. I've really been learning to listen to my body. When it is telling me to rest, I need to rest.

Well, as much as I can rest with a busy toddler running around. I love how busy she always is. It just melts my heart to hear her playing and singing to herself.

She has been begging me to paint the last few days and I couldn't deny her any longer!


I drew some lovely feathers and had her paint them while I cut out a turkey body from construction paper.
 
 She loved painting, but insisted that she was, "decorating [her] Christmas trees." I guess my feathers weren't very convincing!


Here's the final product!

I'll be teaching Liza the following poem to go a long with her turkey :)


Let me note that I have no clue where this poem came from or who wrote it (and it doesn't seem to say so online), but I've been teaching it to my students' for as long as I can remember.

Aren't you SO glad it is the weekend?! I am!

Until Monday!

XOXO Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute turkey! I love that dollhouse...does she play with it often? Do you think it will grow with her? I'm debating getting S one for her birthday in February, but want something that will interest her for a few years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan! We actually just bought that dollhouse ($40 craigslist SCORE) and she has been playing with it a lot. I needed one that I could fold up and store in the closet.
      -sarah

      Delete
  2. super cute!!!!!!!!!!! I think I just found a project for us this weekend, and I'm TOTALLY teaching them that poem! (and that's the dollhouse M is getting for christmas hehe).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you do the poem with them?! We're having fun with it-walking around like turkeys ;)
      -sarah

      Delete