Thursday, May 17, 2012

5 Things My Mother Taught Me

Hi friends. We are a little behind on our blog posts because of some travel and hospital time. We'll try and get all caught up today. Here is Katey's part of our belated post honoring our mothers:


In honor of Mother's Day, I would like to share a few things my mother has taught me thus far in my life.

My mom and three of the five grandchildren

1. My mother taught me to love God.

2. My mother taught me not to worry about what other people think, not to let things build up inside , and to say what is on your mind.

3.  My mother taught me to always try my best and never give up.

 4. My mother taught me to love myself because if I don't love myself first I can't fully love others.

5. My mother taught me how to forgive easily.

She has taught me so much more, but these are the ones I remember often. Thank you Mom!


What has your Mom taught you that you always remember?

Hugs,
Katey



I am lucky to be able to say that my mother is also my best friend and I would not have been able to get through the past few days without my mom's support and help. It was such a relief to know that my girl was with her and I didn't have to worry about anyone but the hubs. I'll fill you in on that story later on.

Five things my mother taught me.

1. She taught me to trust my instincts.

2. She taught me to stand up for myself. To not let others walk all over me. This was detrimental for someone like me. I used to be pretty shy :)

3. She taught me the importance of taking care of myself. Beauty and health. Inside and out. She taught me to have class (I hope!).

4.She taught me to show love to others. My mom and dad always took in people who needed help or a place to stay, they always made us feel special, and they were always willing to help family out. This helped to teach me Jesus' most important commandment: Love one another.
5. She taught me the importance of family and that family should not be taken for granted. Family should come first. Even before work.

Like Katey, there are many, many more things that my mother has taught me. I wouldn't be who I am now without her.

I will update this post later on and add a picture, but I have to run before my toddler takes over the house!!

XOXO Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I just love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't Moms amazing? My mom is my best friend--I do everything with her. I just hope she knows how much she means to me and how much I love her. She is also my role model. And I must admit I fall far short of her amazing mothering talents.
    P.S. Your Mom is such a nice person, speaking from personal experience!

    ReplyDelete