Monday, October 8, 2012

Another year older


Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian Friends!


It is hard to believe that I am turning thirty-one tomorrow. I thought I would have it all figured out by now. I never expected to be a stay-at-home Mama of three kids.  When I was twenty-one I had every intention of becoming an elementary school teacher. In fact, second grade was my favorite. Then unexpectedly Ariana was born during my senior year of college. I wanted to hurry and finish school so I didn't continue onward into the direction I had originally planned. I was just happy to have a degree at that point.  Now, here I am at thirty-one still wondering where my life is headed. Please don't get me wrong, I am content being a stay-at-home Mama, but I just thought at this stage in the game I would have a career of some sort. 

Not a great recent self pic ( no makeup ahh!) 

Funny thing is I am content with my life today. It is important for me to be home with my kids to savor their childhood, because it just passes by so fast. I am afraid of missing those wonderful moments that you just can't get back.  I find it challenging to stay home but yet the most rewarding job I have ever had. So for now at thirty-one I am going to focus on appreciating every moment I have with my little ones, even when its difficult. 


One of my love bugs! 



Is your life different today than you would have expected ten years ago? 


Hugs,

Katey










1 comment:

  1. I never thought I'd be married with our own home, two kids with one on the way, totally crunchy-granola with our own garden and back-to-basics parenting style. I love it! I'm also proud of myself for learning how to knit and sew. I always thought I'd be by myself in an apartment with a couple cats!

    ReplyDelete