Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Shaving Cream Paint

In case you haven't noticed, I've got my soon-to-be-born-baby on my mind. It's been hard to think of much else. I have this whole mentality that I have to get my house and life in order so that bringing a new baby into our lives will be a bit easier. I'm sure it's not true, but it's helping me anyway!

Because I've been in this crazy zone, I felt like I was neglecting Liza a tiny bit. Not in a bad way, but I hadn't planned or done any activities with her in weeks. So, we broke out some paints. And shaving cream to keep things interesting :)

I know I've done similar painting activities before, but I am not sure that I've ever broken down this simple way. So, just in case you are unsure...

Cast of Characters:
  • shaving cream (I always buy the cheapest white foam I can find)
  • Crayola washable paints
  • paintbrush
  • paper

Procedure:
  • Mix paint with shaving cream
  • Paint away!



It's so fun to get a little messy!

 
Here are the paints before she started. They look so pretty and made me wish for the Spring!
 

I need to get back into the groove of planning activities for Liza. It struck me the other day that she could start preschool in the fall (omg!) so I really want to do some more activities that promote preschool skills! There is a part of me that totally wants to homeschool, but I'll cross that road in a year or two.


 
Are you and your kiddos doing anything to keep busy during the cold weather?!?
 
XOXO Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I've seen this done in the tub with the "painting" done on the walls. I"m not sure if B would go for it, he has an issue with textures. But I've been wanting to try it!

    ReplyDelete