Monday, June 4, 2012

Great Books for school aged kids


I thought today I would share with you what my big girl has been into reading lately. She is 8 and in the 2nd grade.


We recently read Junie B. Jones First Grader Toothless Wonder by Barbara Park. Miss A loves these books, they are very funny and it is enjoyable to giggle together at the silly things that come out of Junie B's mouth.


My big girls school had a World Book Day event , and students dressed up as their favorite characters. Ariana dressed up like Junie B! It was too cute!



Miss Ariana also loves the Rainbow Magic book series. They are stories about different fairies, and my girl loves fairies!



This week we read Fancy Nancy Ooh La La! It's Beauty Day by Jane O'Connor.  She loves all the Fancy Nancy books. They are really cute, Fancy Nancy uses french words in her story because they sound so "Fancy". We always giggle when we read these too.



What books have you been reading with your bigger kids lately? 








3 comments:

  1. I read the big girl books with Gwen because I don't think we should limit them to their age group. There are some Usborne early reader books at the library, and I found some of the classic fairy tales (Beauty & the Beast, Thumbelina, etc.). They're not too long that it takes forever to read, but it's more advanced some of the younger books. Josiah doesn't have the patience to sit through some of the stories but I read them to Gwen. In fact, I got a thick chapter book from the library - it's about fairies and Neverland, and the girl's name is Gwendolyn. I was sold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. not everyone would need a nose job but my girlfriend really needs some rhinoplasty coz her nose is kind of crooked- Haitian-Creole

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s exhausting to seek out knowledgeable individuals on this topic, but you sound like you recognize what you’re speaking about! Thanks Bilingual Books for Kids

    ReplyDelete