Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I Can't Keep Up

I cannot seem to keep up with my house. It's small (but super cute, if I do say so myself) and it gets cluttered and mess so easily.

It stresses me out big time. Since we've been having such gorgeous weather, the house has gotten worse. It seems like a drop off center before we are on to the next outdoor activity. And if anything new is added into the mix (like Liza having a weird rash/virus) then I can just forget about it. 

I've decided that we need some new habits around here. It hit me when we came home from running errands and Liza took of her sweatshirt and ran to put it in her room. I thought, "wow I am so proud of her for developing that habit." And then the light bulb went off in my brain. Duh! We have totally gotten out of routine and any good keeping up with the house habits we previously had.

So, to Pinterest I turned.


Found Here

Found Here



Found Here



Now, to pick one or make my own!

How do you stay on top of your cleaning??

XOXO Sarah

Update: I am not sure why the pictures are blurry and my links aren't working. It will be fixed once my toddler is content!

5 comments:

  1. I made a similar system a year or two after I got married and realized I wasn't doing housekeeping right. Flylady was recommended to me and I adapted her system. Now that I have kids, I try to keep up with my daily chores but weekly chores may or may not get done on schedule. :P And some days are harder than others just to keep up with the regular routine! But that is the most valuable lesson I learned from Flylady: just keep it up, even if it's not perfect. A little bit done imperfectly is better than none at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the same boat as you, my house is small (but not as cute as yours!) and gets cluttered so quickly! Every so often, once my house is in order, I'm able to stay on top of it..taking a few minutes every day to do a quick pick up (and really cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen on weekends)...but then more often than not the nice weather and an outdoorsy toddler take over and it becomes a mess again and then I become so unmotivated to clean again. But like you, the clutter stresses me out! I need to come up with a cleaning schedule as well so it's not so much to do on the weekends. I'll be searching pintrest for a new routine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Becky, you have a pretty good excuse not to be motivated!!! Nichole, I did Flylady a long time ago. Right after I got married. I'll have to revisit that site!I still try to keep my sink clean like she says!
    XO Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping a home under control is so difficult, especially when you have children. I have used "the flylady" and her website as well as daily planners from motivatedmoms.com and theconfidentmom.com. I do much better when I have a checklist that tells me exactly what to do. I think I have ADHD, because I have trouble without a list! Just know that you are not alone--most moms are struggling with the same problems!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found it helps a great deal to simply get rid of excess and don't be afraid to recruit help - you DON'T have to do it all by yourself! The kids made the mess, the kids clean it up.

    ReplyDelete