Friday, June 1, 2012

Moving on

Happy Friday!

It is a gloomy rainy day here in Ontario, but I can't really complain because we NEED the rain. We haven't had any in at least a week or maybe longer. My grass is brown and looks burnt. It has been quite hot here lately,last Friday 97 was the high. I had to turn on my air conditioner, very strange for May.
Can you believe today is the first day of June? I feel like 2012 is flying!

Back in April I blogged about Family Fun and Hard Choices.  We really went back and forth for weeks on what to do. We weighed out the pros and cons, made lists, and talked about it nearly everyday. I kept praying for some sort of sign and we were not really swayed in one direction or the other. So we decided to just go for it, and my husband Matt put in his paperwork listing Providence and Boston as his choices to live when rotating out of here this fall.

Within days he received the news that Boston would be our new home. We were both excited, him more than me because as I mentioned before moving makes me a little anxious. In the last month or so I have been more social with the other wives here, and enjoying every moment. I am going to miss living here and the friends we have made, along with my big girls school.  When you live away for so long the friends you make nearly become like family, making it difficult to move. However there is a silver lining, no more vacations to Massachusetts, living closer to our family, and now we will have friends all around the country to visit!

Do you find it hard to move even if it's for the right reasons?


Hugs,
Katey


4 comments:

  1. Good luck! Moving is hard even when it's your choice! We've moved around the country a few times and it's never easy. I hope you settle in easily and I'm sure you'll have many wonderful friends come visit you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! Moving is adventurous by hard especially with kids! Btw love your blog & thanks for reading ours! ~katey

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you finally reached a decision! Whenever we pray for something specific we hope for some sort of easily recognizable sign, but there isn't always one forthcoming. I think sometimes the decision really is up to us! I hope everything goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karla! You are right about the making decisions, sometimes we have to make them ourselves and hope it was the right one. :) ~ Katey

      Delete