Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Photography Talk: 2 lenses and 3 Pinteresting Tutorials


Hi there!

I am getting ready for our road trip to New England. We will be there for two weeks visiting family, friends, attending weddings and birthday parties. Phew it will be busy, but fun!

I found some great websites/tutorials for those who want to learn how to use their cameras, especially those who have a DSLR. It took me a while to start using the fabulous features that came with my fancy camera. As a matter of fact, it took me over 2 years to purchase a lens besides the one that came with the camera. My first lens purchase was a 50mm 1.8. I personally thinks it's Canon's best kept secret. It is inexpensive but takes great pictures! A great budget lens for those that love photography as a hobby.

Here are two pictures I have taken with this lens.





I just bought another new lens for my camera. The Tamron 28-75mm.2.8 is a good walk around lens, meaning you can use it for almost all situations that may arise and it will take a nice picture. It compares to the pricer canon version 24-70mm. I like the lens, but I am still getting used to it. I have taken hundreds of pictures already, but I am still trying to get a feel for it. It is much heavier than the 50mm 1.8.

Here are a few pictures I have taken with it. Keep in mind I am still trying to get a feel for it.







I still have so much to learn! I have been looking at a few websites I found on pinterest

Here are three of my favorites. Check them out! 
Click Here

Click here


 The below mini tutorial is an easy way to remember what to do in different situations.  It serves as an excellent help especially when you just start out in Manuel mode. I am going to print it out and put it in my camera bag as a reminder. 



Do you have any tips or tricks about photography to share?

 I challenge you to take your camera off auto and learn all the wonderful functions that come with your Digital SLR cameras. 

Hugs,
Katey

4 comments:

  1. I've had my camera for almost 4 years and it still scares me ;-) I try - but usually only take accidentally great pics. When trying to just take pics of my kids it's too hard to make 100 adjustments - I just want to capture the moment. I have so many tutorials pinned and zero time to play with them - I have to change that. Oh, and I have a 1.8mm lens (Nikon) and it's my FAV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have trouble if I think too much about the picture. Sometimes my best pics are taken without planning on spear of the moment. I know what settings I want usually but thats about it. As everyone knows with kids you never know because they are constantly on the move ~Katey

      Delete
  2. I've had my DSLR for a few years. When I started to venture out of the auto modes, aperture mode (I think it's AV on a Cannon) quickly became my go to mode. I still use it more than manual, even though I am completely comfortable with manual.

    I also have a 50mm that I love. It's my favorite lens. The accessory that has made the biggest difference in my photography is an external flash. Again, I shoot Nikon so I can't recommend one for you, but it has made a huge difference in the quality of my photography.

    Here's a link to the photography entries on my blog:
    http://buffaloeggs.blogspot.com/search/label/photographing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey julia! Thanks for reading our little blog! I love your pics on your blog! Your little one is so cute! I just bought an external flash. I got a cheaper one though but it had good reviews. We will see how it goes! AV mode is my go to when I am not in a postion to change my settings alot. I use it alot when I am shooting my kids as well as the Shutter Priority mode!
      ~Katey

      Delete