First, I would like to share with you my thought process and the reasons why I am doing this for my girl.
- Tot School is not really school :)
- I enjoy doing little activities with her and I love brainstorming things I can do with her.
- My intention is to present some new experiences for her and let her do with them what she would like.
- I intend to keep these projects/activity child led and not mommy led.
- My main intention is to have fun and possibly practice some early learning skills.
- I am a firm believer that children learn through play. This means that my planning and ideas might sometimes go out the window and will more than likely be adapted during the process. We have to keep things fun!
I tried to incorporate at least one activity for each of the main categories of early learning skills: gross/fine motor, literacy, math, science, art, and sensory. Most activities/experiences flow together and compliment each other and the best part is that all of these things are super simple and can be tweaked for older and/or younger children.
Alright, this is the best I can do! A screen shot of my super fancy web...
So, here is an example I found online so you can get a better idea of what I mean.
That's it for today. I'll be sharing all the activities I do with Liza with you.
Do you have any fun plans this month?