I wanted a bag that wasn't too small or too big. My trusty Adidas bag was missing, but I finally found it :) I am so glad I did!
Here is what is inside for baby boy:
- 2 side snap onesies. I remember using these with Liza so I figured I might this time too. He'll be snuggled in this, a diaper, and a soft blanket until we go home.
- Knit hat to keep his tiny head warm. Liza wore the same one in the hospital.
- Nightgown just in case I want to dress him.
- Going home outfit.
- 2 pairs soft socks
- Aden & Anais swaddle blanket (I am sooo excited to use it!)
I used everything that I packed and sent the hubby home for another swaddle blanket and another outfit. We were in the hospital during the coldest days we have had in a long, long time so I wanted some little pants and extra socks to help keep Will nice and warm.
Here is what is inside for me:
Pair of pj's in a size up from what I normally wear. I remember feeling so bloated last time.
- Nursing tank, a few pairs of "granny panties" (the mesh ones from the hospital never fit me), and socks.
- Flip flops for the shower
- Sweatpants and a hoodie to wear home.
- Makeup Bag with just the essentials-cover up, blush, mascara, eyeliner, elastics/bobby pin, contact stuff, etc. (Don't forget your moisturizer like I did!)
- Toiletry Bag with my shampoo, conditioner, brush & mini blow dryer, body wash, and deodorant.
- Nook and charger (I plan on sending the hubby home at night to be with Liza so maybe I'll have time to pretend I am reading?)
- Big sister gift for Liza
I used everything I packed. I am very proud of myself for not overpacking! Woohoo! If there is a next time, I will be sure to have a water bottle with me for the hospital room. I hate drinking out of those flimsy plastic cups. Oh, and I did regret not bringing my Boppy with me. Thankfully, my hubby grabbed it on one of his trips home. I didn't use it with Liza, but it was very helpful this time around with Will.
I think I'll leave my purse and take a small tote bag with me to the labor room. Here is what I think I'll take with me:
- Small case with chap stick, glasses, contact case, bobby pins & elastic.
- Baby book for footprints
- Phone charger
- Possibly a few snacks for my husband & an extra shirt
- Wallet (at least my ID)
I was in the labor room for less than 3 hours (thank you, God!) so I didn't need much. We used our cell phones, camera, and baby book. If I would have been in there longer than I am pretty sure I would have used everything in the bag!
What did you take with you?