Friday, March 9, 2012

Liza's Necklace

I get a lot of questions about the necklace that Liza wears and today seems like the perfect day to tell you about it.


I don't know if you are like me, but I hate to take medicine. I really do. I have no reason why I hate it, I just do. This has trickled down to me as a mother. I avoid giving Liza medicine unless I really have to. 


If you're a parent, then you know how much teething sucks. These poor babies are in this constant state of misery! Their gums are swollen and razor sharp teeth are cutting them. If I gave Liza Tylenol every time I knew she was teething then she wouldn't have a very good liver. 

I have never tried teething tablets because they were recalled once when Liza was younger and I just cannot bring myself to buy them now. Thankfully, I came across this necklace and it has been a life saver!




 Liza has worn this Baltic Amber necklace for about a year now, but I wish I had bought it sooner.

I just love this kid!

It is not a necklace that your baby can chew on. That's not how it helps the teething pain. 

The Amber beads are worn against skin and the warmth of your baby's skin causes the beads to release trace amounts of healing oils. These natural oils are used more commonly in other parts of the world and they can help ease teething pain and boost your immune system. 



Check out this page for a lot more detailed information. Inspired by Finn is the most reputable place to find the necklaces. Apparently, there are a lot of fakes on the market. If you are in my area, check out Bellani Maternity. It is an awesome store and they carry neat stuff that Babies R Us doesn't. Like these necklaces and cloth diapers!



I really do believe that Liza's necklace has helped to ease her teething pain. I give her much less tylenol than I did before she started to wear it. 


If a baby wearing a necklace makes you nervous, then you can always wrap it around an ankle and cover it with a sock. Same benifits, but out of reach.

Well, naptime is over so I have to run.

XOXO Sarah


UPDATE: Boys can wear these too and adults!!! Check out the link to the website that I wrote about. There is tons of information there. 

5 comments:

  1. Goodness Sarah, Liza is SO cute I can't even stand it.

    Since putting the amber necklace on B, he's been sleeping so much better. We've been super lucky with his teething. Most of the time we didn't even know he was teething until a tooth popped through! But the molars have been rough, and that's when we got the necklace. I'm convinced it has been a huge help. His sleep wasn't super terrible before it, but he was waking up more than usual. Now? He's back to sleeping through the night and back to his super happy self. I'm a believer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa!

      Thanks for your comment! I am so glad you follow us :) And we really appreciate your tweets!

      That's great that the amber necklace is working for your little man. I really love to hear other people say that because it makes me know that it's not my imagination! Liza's molars and eye teeth still gave her a very, very hard time. I can't even imagine how much worse it would have been without the help of the necklace. Now her two-year molars are starting to swell. Ugh!

      XO Sarah

      Delete
  2. I've heard about these necklaces - they've kind of become all the rage. I was confused at first, because I thought babies are supposed to chew on it - of course their teeth would feel better! Then I read into it and I realized what you explained. I haven't tried them but would be curious to try it next time around; I wonder if it has to be a specific kind of amber or if you can get any ol' amber beads. Does it help with other aches - like headaches? In any case, that's pretty cool! I'm big into looking for more natural methods rather than resorting to medication - like honey and cinnamon for a cold or honey and lemon juice for a sore throat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karla,

      Ooooh, next time around?! Yippee! You should totally try a necklace! I am pretty sure you would love it!I think that there are a lot of fakes out there so I would look into whatever website/store you use. From what I understand, the lighter the baltic amer beads, the more effective. Check out www.inspiredbyfinn.com because there is a lot of information there. I do know that a lot of adults wear them for teeth pain (if they have braces, etc.) and for headaches. I am almost positive that Katey wears one (and her son!) and I know her sister, Melissa, does too!
      We need a little NECA reunion!

      XO Sarah

      Delete
    2. Karla,
      Jacob wears one too and let me tell you I have give him tylenol for teething maybe once or twice. I also wear one occasionally when my neck hurts or my head. It helps! It is good for all around wellness! My sisters kids also wear one and so does she. So you will definitly have to try it!
      Katey :)

      Delete