Monday, April 16, 2012

Making the Best of It

Hello there!

Today feels like summer. It's warm and with all my windows flung open, I can hear the sounds of children playing outside. It feels good. It feels wonderful!

I've been thinking a lot about expectations and how most of the time, things don't happen the way we have imagined them so many times before in our minds.

Sometimes the way life turns out is better. And often, things don't seem better and it takes a few seconds to swallow what is really happening and accept it for the truth.

Even silly, stupid things.


I had my whole day planned today. Fun in the sun and some reading and blogging time during Liza's nap. Can you guess what didn't happen?! You got it. No nap. There is nothing about this situation that is cool. No nap means no mommy time (I planned to skip all my chores today!) AND a crabby over-tired baby when you are trying to cook dinner and need to run a few errands.




It's annoying. It's frustrating. It happened and I tried my darnedest to make the best of it. I refused to let it get the best of me.



We spent a few minutes with friends. I had a second iced coffee. We got dirty in the sandbox and  took a trip to the ice cream shop down the street. 



And she fell asleep on the ride home. Sigh.



I also have a favor to ask of you. Would you all be so kind as to keep Baby L in your prayers? She surprised her parents and came a little early and she could really use a few extra prayers. 





I hope you had a wonderful day! See you later this week.

XOXO Sarah



0 comments:

Post a Comment