Monday, April 2, 2012

Who Knew?!

Hey Readers!

We hope you had a wonderful weekend and are smiling this Monday morning! We've been talking about the things that we never expected about motherhood and thought we'd share with you! We bet that you have a few things on your list too! We'd love for you to share them with us.

Enjoy!

-------

Before I became a Mom, I really didn't know what to expect, but there are certain things I really NEVER thought would happen.

Pregnant with Jacob 4 weeks before my due date
photo courtesy of Moments forever photography

  • I never thought I would be followed or interrupted every time I went to the bathroom. Most of the time, I just leave the door open as courtesy... because if I don't, they just continue to knock on the door!
  • I always cared about my appearance.  Makeup everyday and getting my haircut every 6 weeks. Now I am just happy to get out the door in one piece!
  • Three children is quite a bit of work, to say the least. I used to work full time up until Madisyn was about 6 months old and I became part time stay-at-home mom. Then when we moved to Canada, I stopped working altogether. Well I NEVER thought I would love being a stay- at-home mom so much. I mean, it's to the point where I don't want to work outside the home again! 
  • I am not a morning person...I am shocked that I survived on such little sleep, especially with Jacob, who didn't sleep through the night until 11 months! 


Hugs, Katey

-------

I went into motherhood with no expectations. I knew that if I did, I would fail horribly. There are some things though, that I never imagined!


About 2 weeks before my due date...then I went another 8 days!

  • I never thought I could change a diaper so fast! I can change Liza's diaper while she is standing (or lately, running away from me!) and most people don't even realize what I am doing. Speaking of diapers, never in a million years did I think I would love cloth diapers as much as I do! 
  • I never thought I'd learn to do everything with one hand because my other hand was holding a newborn. Alright, let's be honest. I still have to do everything with one hand. Especially going out to dinner. I can eat with a toddler standing on my lap while entertaining her. I'm pretty talented! Ha!
    • I was so against bed sharing before I had Liza. Little did I know it would be the only way I could survive! For realz. Totally saved my butt. And my sanity. Not kidding.
    • I never thought I would still be nursing 21 months in. Even though it's just a little.
    • I never thought that I would rather stay at home with my family then go out on the weekends. 
    • I'm surprised that these last 21 months feel like 21 minutes, yet I cannot imagine my life with out my girl!
    • Who knew that my kid would dress better than me?! I never thought I could go almost two years wearing clothes that don't fit me anymore because I'd rather buy my toddler something cute to wear! 
    • Most importantly, I never knew how important coffee would be to my well-being! Hehe :)


    Photo by the incredible Amy of Amy Ro Photography

    It's all worth it.

    XO Sarah

    3 comments:

    1. It's all worth it! That says it all! Beautiful pictures!

      MGM

      ReplyDelete
    2. I never knew how crunchy-granola I would become to do what's best for my family - cloth diapering, co-sleeping, making my own laundry detergent, buying organic and less-processed foods, etc. I certainly never thought I'd challenge the pediatrician on vaccines or nurse past two years old!

      I never knew how much I could truly love my children... but I also never knew I would get so tired of being around them all the time. I struggle with dealing with them on my own a lot of the time, making so many decisions by myself, trying to figure out the right response or action (especially when they misbehave) and this has really thrown me for a loop.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I never knew how much my children would teach me- even when they were so young.
      Just found your blog today through a link you posted on Cafe Mom. Excited to follow and read future posts!

      http://mishapsandmilestones.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete